All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first account of the development of English furniture in the early Georgian period to be published for many years. It is based wherever possible on documented furniture, and draws heavily on contemporary documents as well as the latest published research. It discusses both stylistic influences and the technical advances in furniture making, and offers a reliable, soundly based chrology drawn from dated examples. The book begins with an account of the furniture-making industry in London, followed by chapters on cabinet-work, case furniture, seat furnitures, tables, stands and looking-glasses. It also has appendices on cabinet metalware and furniture timbers, together with a full bibliography. Early Georgian Furniture 1715-1740 is a fascinating reference book that will be of interest to both furniture scholars and specialists and to antiques enthusiasts in general.
- Author BiographyAdam Bowett is an independent furniture historian. His previous works include English Furniture 1660-1714: From Charles II to Queen Anne published by Antique Collectors' Club, ISBN 9781851493999.
- Author(s)Adam Bowett
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note750 col
- Weight2087 g
- Width234 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.