All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe printing of books in the German language started in the British colonies of America in 1728. With the continued increase of German-speaking immigrants, imported books were insufficient to satisfy their needs. By the middle of the eighteenth century, the printing of German books in Pennsylvania was firmly established. During the first hundred years of German-American printing, more than 3,100 titles were published. Early German-American Imprints reviews important early books, their printers and their readers.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Heinz G. F. Wilsdorf studied in Germany at the universities of Berlin, Tuebingen, and Goettingen. He holds two doctorates and is now Professor Emeritus at the University of Virginia. A life-long collector of special editions, he built a collection of German-American books after coming to the United States in 1956. He is the recipient of the Albert Easton White Distinguished Teacher Award.
- Author(s)Heinz G. F Wilsdorf
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNew German-American Studies/Neue Deutsch-Amerikanische Studien
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Notetabl.
- Weight490 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.