All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's never been an early intervention text like this! A core textbook on a single convenient CD-ROM, Early Intervention in Action is an interactive training tool on a subject every EI professional needs to master: how to collaborate effectively with other service providers to address the complex needs of infants with multiple disabilities.Perfect for the growing number of distance learning courses - as well as traditional university courses and in-service professional development - this one-of-a-kind text ensures that early intervention practitioners: benefit from hands-on learning. The 41 captioned video clips embedded in the text give students what other textbooks can't: vivid demonstrations of key concepts and an inside look at the support needs of real children and families; apply recommended practices with specialized populations. This single textbook compiles all the critical, hard-to-find information professionals need to work with children with a wide range of disabilities; work successfully with other professionals & families. Educators, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, and other professionals will learn to collaborate with each other and with families to provide coordinated services and improve child outcomes; and, learn what's most important.Professionals will get practical guidance on addressing early communication development, sensory processing, motor development, vision, and hearing - and infusing interdisciplinary interventions into the child's daily routine. Accessible, interactive, and easy to navigate, this textbook-on-CD will help pre and in-service professionals understand the needs of infants with multiple disabilities - and ensure better outcomes for children and families.
- Author BiographyDeborah Chen, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Special Education, California State University, Northridge (CSUN), teaches in the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) programs. She also supervises ECSE credential candidates in early intervention and early childhood special education programs located in highly diverse communities in Los Angeles and surrounding counties. As an immigrant to the United States from Jamaica (West Indies) with Chinese roots, Dr. Chen has a personal and professional interest in working with families of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.Dr. Chen has extensive experience serving with families and their children with sensory impairments and multiple disabilities as an early interventionist, teacher, program administrator, teacher trainer, and researcher. She has directed projects of significance, model demonstration, outreach, research-to-practice, and personnel development projects funded by the U.S. Department of Education. These projects have focused on working with families and children of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, home-based early intervention, interdisciplinary training, caregiver-child interactions, and early communication and tactile communication strategies with children who are deaf-blind. Her publications reflect these professional efforts and interests.Dr. Chen has disseminated her work at local, state, national, and international conferences. In addition, she has been invited to conduct professional development courses and to present at international conferences in Australia, Canada, Italy, the Netherlands, Qatar, Taiwan, and Thailand. M. Diane Klein, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, is a professor of early childhood special education at California State University, Los Angeles, where she has directed the programs in early childhood special education for 30 years. In her early career, she worked as a speech-language pathologist with young children with disabilities and their families. She has directed numerous federally funded projects involving caregiver child interaction, working with infants with low incidence and multiple disabilities, training of early childhood special educators, and training inclusion-support personnel (Project Support). Along with Anne Marie Richardson-Gibbs, Dr. Klein has produced a variety of training videos related to inclusion-support strategies for young children with disabilities in community-based early childhood education settings.
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Weight77 g
- Width137 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDeborah Chen
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.