CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe growing prominence of ecological and social systems perspectives in the child development and family studies fields is having a significant impact on the conceptualization and delivery of early intervention services. The exclusive focus on the handicapped or developmentally delayed child is gradually giving way to a much broader focus on the family as a system. The parent-child relationship is increasingly becoming a major intervention target. At the same time, the need to fine-tune intervention programs to respond to the unique needs of different etiological groups is being emphasized. This book brings together the conceptual and empirical work of a number of scholars whose current research is at the leading edge of these shifts. The volume consists of an introductory overview of transitions occurring in the early intervention field, a six-chapter section dealing with current themes and conceptualizations of early intervention, and a four-chapter section focusing on international perspectives that describes influences on and ticeable trends in early intervention programming and research in several countries. This book by its nature has an international appeal--but perhaps more significantly it affords American researchers a unique opportunity to learn about the field of intervention as practiced in other lands. The volume is intended for researchers, graduate and senior undergraduate students, program developers and administrators in the early intervention field, and other human service professionals.
- Author BiographyKOFI MARFO is Associate Professor of Educational Psychology at Kent State University. Dr. Marfo is the editor of Parent-Child Interaction and Developmental Disabilities (Preager, 1988) and Childhood Disability (Praeger, 1985).
- Author(s)Kofi Marfo
- Date of Publication30/12/1991
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight691 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.