All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this classic textbook history of early medieval Europe, Roger Collins provides a comprehensive account of the centuries during which Europe changed from being an abstract geographical expression to a new culturally coherent, if politically divided, entity. This essential volume: * examines how the social, ecomic and cultural structures of Antiquity were replaced by their medieval equivalents * defines the European context by looking at the external forces which helped to shape it through conflict * explores key topics such as the fall of the Roman Empire, the rise of both Christianity and Islam, the Vikings, and the expansion of Latin Christian culture into eastern Europe * features maps, genealogies, a chrology and bibliography to aid understanding and further study. This third edition has been fully updated, augmented and revised to take account of the latest scholarship and research on all aspects of the period it covers. The text has also been extensively rewritten to make it more accessible for students. Clear and insightful, this is an invaluable guide to an important era in the history of both Europe and the wider world.
- Author BiographyROGER COLLINS is Honorary Fellow in History at the University of Edinburgh, UK.
- Author(s)Roger Collins
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/07/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitlePalgrave History of Europe
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1991
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note2 maps, 8 charts
- Weight826 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.