All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe Muslim thinker, Abu 'Isa al-Warraq, lived in ninth-century Baghdad. He is remembered for his extensive kwledge of n-Muslim religious communities and his urthodox views on Islam itself. This 2002 book represents an edition and translation of Abu 'Isa's Against the Incarnation, the second and last part of his Refutation of the Three Christian Deminations. It is edited and translated by David Thomas and contains the Arabic text alongside the English translation, together with explanatory tes. Dr Thomas' full introduction outlines the pluralist and multifaith society of medieval Baghdad, and places Abu 'Isa in the context of both Muslim theological argument and Christian-Muslim discussions. In this way it demonstrates the author's originality and his influence on later Muslim authors. The book will serve as a companion to the editor's earlier volume, Anti-Christian Polemic in Early Islam: Abu 'Isa al-Warraq's 'Against the Trinity' which was published in 1992.
- Author BiographyDavid Thomas is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Theology and Religion, University of Birmingham. His publications include Anti-Christian Polemic in Early Islam: Abu 'Isa al-Warraq's 'Against the Trinity (1992), and Syrian Christians under Islam, the First Thousand Years (2000).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/08/2002
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleUniversity of Cambridge Oriental Publications
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.59
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.