All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsidering cultural differences between Asian and Western patients, this book focuses on delivering effective treatment in early psychosis, especially for the young. It covers early intervention programs in Hong Kong and Singapore and assesses recent developments in Korea and Japan. The volume covers the management of psychosis, including pathways to care, stigma, and interventions. Referencing frontline practitioners, research findings, and theories, the text highlights practical needs in n-Western healthcare settings and features culturally relevant discussions on recovery and relapse, self-harm, and co-morbid substance abuse.
- Author BiographyEric Yu-hai Chen is a professor in the Department of Psychiatry, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, the University of Hong Kong. Gloria Hoi-kei Chan is a case intervention officer in the Department of Psychiatry, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, the University of Hong Kong. Helen Lee is a principal case manager and team leader in the Early Psychosis Intervention Programme at the Institute of Mental Health, Singapore. Gloria Hoi-yan Wong is a post-doctoral fellow in the Department of Psychiatry, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, the University of Hong Kong.
- PublisherHong Kong University Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintHong Kong University Press
- Content Note12 b&w
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byEric Yu-Hai Chen,Gloria Hoi-Kei Chan,Gloria Hoi-Yan Wong,Helen Lee
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.