All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the increasing number of people diagsed with dementia each year, treatment in the early stages can make a significant difference to their quality of life. This book provides examples of psychosocial interventions: taking into consideration the individual, social and environmental aspects of the person's life. It looks at ways of providing support at the time of diagsis and goes on to explore a variety of interventions and services for the treatment of early dementia. Bringing together the kwledge and experiences of professionals from both the UK and Europe, the contributors describe interventions for both psychological and practical problems with case examples such as memory support groups, art therapies and assistive techlogies for use in the home. This accessible book will be essential reading for practitioners and carers working with those with early dementia and will be extremely useful in both professional development and for those new to dementia care.
- Author BiographyEsme Moniz-Cook is Professor of Clinical Psychology and Ageing at the Institute of Rehabilitation, University of Hull and Chair of the Board of INTERDEM, a pan-European multi-professional scientist practitioner group dedicated to developing psychological interventions and support for people with dementia and their families. She has worked in the NHS for over 25 years. Jill Manthorpe is Professor of Social Work at King's College London and Director of the Social Care Workforce Research Unit. She has worked in the voluntary sector and in education for many years, concentrating on services for older people. She was a member of the NICE/SCIE dementia guidelines group and is a member of INTERDEM.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byEsme Moniz-Cook,Jill Manthorpe
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.