All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAn outstanding team of educators representing Scandanavia, Greece, Cyprus and the UK have combined to create a resource that offers both theory and practice for anyone who realises the potential value of movement in young children's lives and wishes to kw and do more. The main philosophy behind the Early Steps book is the use of movement and movement games for facilitating children's social interaction and helping them to acquire the basic kwledge for healthy and active lifestyles. Movement is thus used as a key learning tool for preschool children. The first part of the book provides a detailed study of the theory of using movement education as a learning tool for preschool children. Part two provides the Early Steps Physical Education Curriculum, which is a detailed approach developing an ideal programme. The Early Steps book has been designed as a resource for early childhood educators as they often try to find the most appropriate way to facilitate children's socialisation and on the other hand, to help them be familiar with healthy lifestyle issues. This book will be ideal as a reference book for professionals working with children to help them design better programmes and as a textbook to help train future professionals.
- Author BiographyZachopoulou has a theoretical background in physical education and sport sciences and his postgraduate studies centered on researching pre-school aged children. His current position is teaching physical education to early educators. Niki Tsangaridou has published extensively on teaching and teacher education in physical education. She has also made numerous presentations on teacher education topics at international conferences and professional workshops. Ian Pickup is Director of Sport & Wellbeing at Roehampton University, having previously worked as Principal Lecturer and Subject Leader for Physical Education, also at Roehampton. As Director of Sport & Wellbeing, Ian is leading developments across the University, with specific objectives in the areas of sports performance, community engagement, physical activity and sports facility development. Jarmo Liukkonen, PhD, is professor of sport pedagogy at the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland, and deputy head of the department of sport sciences, in charge of research and education of doctoral students. He was a member of the managing council for the European Federation of Sport Psychology (FEPSAC) from 1991 to 2003. He is currently president of the Finnish Association of Sport Psychology and works as a psychological consultant to several Finnish national sport teams.
- Author(s)Evridiki Zachopoulou,Ian Pickup,Jarmo Liukkonen,Niki Tsangaridou
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note22 illustrations, 14 photos
- Weight640 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.