All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are the new benchmarks for the future in good early years' provision? What should children and parents expect from practice given recent research evidence on how young children thrive? Developing and managing early years provision has changed significantly over the last few years. Parental expectations, policy creep, bureaucracy overload, inadequate training, a litigious climate, over-dependence on screens, traffic danger and child protection anxiety are among the many challenges w faced by early years providers. This timely new book explores the key issues faced by settings and what they mean for early years practice. Looking at the real evidence around children's learning and wellbeing, parental preference and social trends, the book covers: * Neuro-scientific research into the way children learn * What parents kw and expect * Children's wellbeing * The indoor and outdoor environment * Adult intervention * The risk/benefit equation * Nutrition, health and exercise Drawing on examples of outstanding practice from a wide range of settings, this exciting new book will help practitioners reach beyond what is expected and provide the very best for the children in their care.
- Author BiographySusan Hay was previously Executive Director Europe for Bright Horizons Family Solutions, an international group of nurseries operating in the US, the UK, Canada and Ireland. She is currently a freelance consultant.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white halftones, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited bySusan Hay
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.