All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a key text for all those undertaking placements or work-based learning (WBL) in early years settings. Taking a practical approach underpinned by theory and research, it guides student practitioners through their WBL to help them achieve an outstanding experience. There is a focus on the variety of child, parent and practitioner perspectives plus case studies involving the full range of ages from across the early years. While it is invaluable in answering key questions about placements it also encourages a reflective and critical approach throughout that develops and promotes professionalism. It is completely up to date with the latest Early Years Foundation Stage and includes reference to the Early Years Teachers' Standards.
- Author BiographyJackie Musgraveis a Senior Lecturer in the Centre for Early Childhood at the University of Worcester. She qualified as a sick children's nurse and then taught early childhood care and education at a college of Further Education. She has taught Higher Education students for the past 10 years. Jackie has a Masters degree from the University of Sheffield, where her research focused on an aspect of practice-based learning for level 3 students. Her doctorate research examined the effect of chronic health conditions on young children's inclusion in their early education and she has just been awarded her PhD. Nicola Stobbs initially trained as a primary school teacher, and worked as a class teacher for 5 years. She worked at a pre-school and was promoted to the manager's position, running the setting for another 12 years. She has an MA in Early Childhood and also gained Early Years Professional Status. During her time as a setting manager Nicola was a mentor for many students on placement. She is committed to providing excellent care for children and supporting students to become the excellent practitioners that children deserve. She now works at the University of Worcester supporting student practitioners.
- Author(s)Jackie Musgrave,Nicola Stobbs
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEarly Years
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.