All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second full-length collection from award-winning poet Chris Dombrowski, Earth Again transports readers to an imaginative world where identity is explored and expanded. With a mixture of long poems and shorter pieces, Dombrowski probes birth, death, sex, memory, and our blessed but treacherous engagement with the natural world. While he writes from a number of points of view and employs both male and female speakers, much of the collection's singular insight centers around masculine identity and being a husband and a father. Readers come away transformed, like the land / gasping as it does each late winter evening when / the sky at tree line, nearly sapphiric, goes black, as these poems prove Dombrowski to be a truly original American voice. Comprised of three sections - each of which concludes with a long poem - Earth Again presents a range of narrative and emotions in dexterous rhythms, unexpected shifts, and unforgettable metaphors. Dombrowksi introduces readers to arresting images like the parataxis of her ass, cerulean, alchemical light, Molly with the sun in her mouth, and labyrinthine, lanky-stemmed, dew-magnified leaves. These details combine with Dombrowski's te-perfect language, which alternates between the most colloquial and the most elevated of diction. Readers will be challenged to consider spirituality alongside Scooby-Doo Band-aids, and to meditate on death after the mower has chews up a plastic disaur, as Dombrowski revels in exploring our connection to the environment and one ather. Fans of Dombrowski's previous collection, By Cold Water (which was ted as a contemporary poetry bestseller by the Poetry Foundation in 2009), along with other poets and poetry lovers will appreciate the attention to detail and the imaginative intensity of the poems in Earth Again .
- Author BiographyChris Dombrowski is the author of By Cold Water (Wayne State University Press, 2009), a finalist for Foreword Magazine 's Poetry Book of the Year, and two chapbooks, Fragments with Dusk in Them and September Miniatures with Blood and Mars .
- Author(s)Chris Dombrowski
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleMade in Michigan Writers S.
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Weight159 g
- Width165 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.