About this product
- DescriptionMinimalism, savagery, the raw and the cooked, the primal and the pre-verbal, Elvis's hips, The Rite of Spring ...Earth Dances is an original investigation of how music and primitivism intersect - a dazzling journey through music and culture. With alternating chapters of criticism and interviews, including with Liza Lim and Brian E, composer and broadcaster Andrew Ford explores the relationship between primal forms of music and the most refined examples of the art - between passion and control. He looks at the voice, the drum, the drone and the dance, at 'music that is in touch with something fundamental in our existence, music that seeks and rediscovers the earthy side of our nature, the primitive, the 'simple, rude or rough', and in doing so restores and resets our humanity.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)Andrew Ford
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight348 g
- Width153 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $21.92Trending at AU $22.75
- AU $31.07Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.