All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to Maria Montessori, children are in the sensitive periods for concentration, coordination, order, and independence between the ages of 3 and 6. In Montessori classrooms, promoting freedom of expression and language development is extremely important. As we brainstormed theme possibilities for the book project, a child said, It would be a good idea to write about the earth because you teach us that the earth gives us what we need. So, we voted and began discussing the layout of the book. Witnessing their ideas explode from the thought process to oral expression and then becoming a reality as it transferred to paper was outstanding! This collaborative, invative, and independent cultural project showcased the essence of Montessori's legacy. So, as you read this book, allow yourself the opportunity to view the words and pictures through the eyes of children as they present their thoughts and feelings to you. Respect them for who they are in this given moment as young artists. The children found confidence, joy, peace, and laughter in this experience and so did I!
- Author(s)Tequila E Howard Ed D
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight79 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.