All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarth Federation Now: Tomorrow Is Too Late examines our planet's increasing political and ecological problems and offers cogent arguments for a wholesome global approach to these problems. National governments, by the very fact of their definition as national, have neither power r jurisdiction to appropriately address imminent ecological disasters and other challenges to the protection of human life on a planetary scale. Neither can concerted solutions for Earth be found through international conventions, because observance of their terms cant be enforced upon ostensibly sovereign states. Though military action has historically been cited as a recourse, we see w that militarism is itself a primary cause of the Earth's current predicament. Harris argues that the establishment of a civil Earth Federation, democratically operated and empowered to enforce World Law, is the one practicable approach.
- Author(s)Errol E Harris
- PublisherInstitute for Economic Democracy
- Date of Publication31/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInstitute for Economic Democracy
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byGlen T Martin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.