Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $107.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $230.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteven Stanley's classic textbook, w coauthored with John Luczaj, remains the only book for the historical geology course written from a truly integrated earth systems perspective. The thoroughly updated new edition includes important new coverage on mass extinctions, climate change, and Proterozoic history, plus a range of interactive studying and teaching tools.Congratulations to Steven StanleyDr. Steven M. Stanley is the recipient of the 2013 Geological Society of America (GSA) Penrose Medal, the Society s highest hor. This medal, which is awarded for eminent research in pure geology, was presented at the GSA 125th Annual Meeting & Exposition.
- Author BiographySteven M. Stanley is a research professor in Paleobiology at the University of Hawaii, USA. Dr. Stanley has written three previous editions of Earth System History and a total of three editions of its predecessors, Earth and Life Through Time and Exploring Earth and Life Through Time. He has been elected to the National Academy of Sciences and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has received a Guggenheim Fellowship and numerous awards, including the Paleontological Society Medal, the James H. Shea Award of the National Association of Geoscience Teachers (for books authored), the Mary Clark Thompson Medal of the National Academy of Sciences, the Twenhofel Medal of the Society of the Society for Sedimentary Geology, and the Penrose Medal of the Geological Society of America. John A. Luczaj is a field geologist and currently chair of the Geoscience unit in the Department of Natural and Applied Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, USA. Dr. Luczaj has conducted research on hydrothermal dolomitization, fluid-inclusions in minerals, groundwater geochemistry and aquifer recovery, geologic mapping, geomorphology, and Holocene cave deposits. One of his most important contributions was the first successful dating of diagenetic dolomite using the U-Pb method.
- Author(s)John A. Luczaj,Steven M. Stanley
- PublisherW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight1102 g
- Width216 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.