All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany ancient myths from around the world tell of catastrophic destruction by fire and flood. These ubiquitous legends are so extreme that they are often dismissed as imaginative exaggerations. In Earth Under Fire,Paul LaViolette connects these myths to recent scientific findings in astromy, geology, and archaeology to reconstruct the details of prehistoric global disasters and to explain how similar tragedies could recur in the near future. Compelled by his decryption of an ancient warning hidden in zodiac constellation lore, LaViolette worked with information from many scientific sources, including astromical observations, polar ice core measurements, and other geological data, to confirm that our Galaxy's core exploded near the end of the last ice age. This explosion unleashed a barrage of cosmic rays and enveloped the solar system in a dense nebula, which led to periods of persistent darkness, frigid cold, severe solar storms, searing heat, and mountaius floods that plagued mankind for many generations. Linking his scientific findings to details preserved in the myths and monuments of ancient civilizations, he demonstrates how past civilizations accurately recorded the causes of these cataclysmic events, kwledge of which may be crucial for the human race to survive the next catastrophic superwave cycle. This information reveals the intelligence and ingenuity of our ancestors who, when faced with extinction, found the means to warn us that the apocalypse that destroyed them could occur once again.
- Author BiographyPaul LaViolette, Ph.D., is president of the Starburst Foundation, an interdisciplinary research institute, and holds degrees in both systems science and physics. The author of Genesis of the Cosmos and Subquantum Kinetics, he lives in New York.
- Author(s)Paul A. LaViolette
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication13/10/2005
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBear & Company
- Content Note123 b&w illustrations
- Weight586 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.