Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.60+ AU $8.50 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating insight into the global battle for our energy future The global competition for scarce natural resources that pits the West against the super-hot ecomies of China and India, plus a clutch of other contenders including Russia, Brazil, and Indonesia, has become one of the biggest issues facing the world today. Whether it is the rare metal lithium found in salt pans in the Andes, gas from the Caspian Sea, oil off the coast of Brazil, coal from Africa's Zambezi River, or uranium from Kazakhstan, China and India are desperate to ensure the security of their future energy supplies. The same goes for food and water, as contamination and over-use take their toll, the need to provide continued access for the next generation and beyond has increased exponentially. In Earth Wars: The Battle for Global Resources, international business journalist Geoff Hiscock explores the problems, potential solutions, and inevitable tensions in this ongoing scramble for finite natural resources. Going beyond big power politics to explore resource ownership and the use of invative techlogy to get the most out of them, the book takes a forward-looking approach to this pressing issue. Written in clear, jargon-free language, it tells the global resources story in a fresh and engaging way that anyone can understand. * Includes insightful, up-to-the-minute coverage of the most pressing debates over resource allocations * Discusses the major Chinese and Indian businesses that are just becoming kwn to those in the West (Sipec, CNOOC, CNPC, Indian Oil, ONGC, Reliance, Coal India, SAIL, and many others) * Presents resource- and region-specific chapters to help readers view the pertinent issues from multiple angles As the ecomies of China and India grow to challenge those of the West, the battle over natural resources will continue to heat up. Earth Wars looks at this very real problem in-depth, presenting a definitive look at one of the greatest challenges of our time.
- Author BiographyGeoff Hiscock has been writing about Asian business for major media outlets for more than thirty years, including time as Sydney bureau chief and Asia Business Editor for CNN.com and as International Business Editor of The Australian. He is the author of four books, including India's Global Wealth Club and India's Store Wars, both published by Wiley.
- Author(s)Geoff Hiscock
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/05/2012
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight556 g
- Width162 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.