All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by top scholars in the field, EAST ASIA: A CULTURAL, SOCIAL, AND POLITICAL HISTORY, 3E delivers a comprehensive cultural, political, economic, and intellectual history of East Asia, while focusing on the narratives and histories of China, Japan, and Korea in a larger, global context. Full color inserts on such topics as food, clothing, and art objects illustrate the rich artistic heritage of East Asia. A range of primary source documents spotlights women's independence, students-turned-soldiers, and other stirring issues, while intriguing biographical sketches throughout highlight the lives of popular figures and ordinary people alike.
- Author BiographyPatricia B. Ebrey is Professor with Joint Appointment: Early Imperial China, Song Dynasty at the University of Washington in Seattle. In addition to THE CAMBRIDGE ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF CHINA (Cambridge University Press, 1996), she has published numerous journal articles. Her monographs include THE INNER QUARTERS: MARRIAGE AND THE LIVES OF CHINESE WOMEN IN THE SUNG PERIOD (University of California Press, 1993) and CONFUCIANISM AND FAMILY RITUALS IN IMPERIAL CHINA: A SOCIAL HISTORY OF WRITING ABOUT RITES (Princeton University Press, 1991). She is also author of CHINA: A CULTURAL, SOCIAL, AND POLITICAL HISTORY (Houghton Mifflin, 2006). She received her Ph.D. from Columbia University in 1975. Anne Walthall is Professor of Japanese History at the University of California, Irvine. She has published numerous journal articles in English, French, and Japanese. Her monographs include SOCIAL PROTEST AND POPULAR CULTURE IN EIGHTEENTH CENTURY JAPAN (Association for Asian Studies, 1986), PEASANT UPRISINGS IN JAPAN: A CRITICAL ANTHOLOGY OF PEASANT HISTORIES (University of Chicago Press, 1991), and THE WEAK BODY OF A USELESS WOMAN: MATSUO TASEKO AND THE MEIJI RESTORATION (University of Chicago Press, 1998). In addition, she edited THE HUMAN TRADITION IN MODERN JAPAN (Scholarly Resources, 2002) and SERVANTS OF THE DYNASTY: PALACE WOMEN IN WORLD HISTORY (University of California Press, 2008) as well as co-edited WOMEN AND CLASS IN JAPANESE HISTORY (University of Michigan Center for Japanese Studies, 1999) and RECREATING JAPANESE MEN (University of California Press, 2011). She received her Ph.D. from The University of Chicago in 1979.
- Author(s)Anne Walthall,Patricia Ebrey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, colour plates
- Weight1120 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.