All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCanada, Russia and the United States have expressed a renewed interest in the region, and East Asian countries such as Japan, South Korea and China are w increasingly fixated on prospects offered by the Arctic; however, Arctic and East Asian nations have t yet engaged in extensive discussions about competing and complementary activities and responsibilities in the Far North. This volume is an outcome of an international collaborative project that launched a focused and detailed conversation about the historic, contemporary and future dimensions of East Asian countries' relationships and interests in the Arctic. Bringing together leading experts from Japan, China, South Korea, Russia, the United States and Canada, it draws policy-making and scholarly attention to East Asia's growing interests in the Far North, and identifies political, ecomic, legal and security connections between the two regions.
- Author BiographyKimie Hara is professor and the Renison Research Professor at the University of Waterloo, where she is also director of East Asian Studies at Renison University College. Ken Coates is Canada Research Chair in Regional Innovation at the Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy.
- Author(s)Ken Coates,Kimie Hara
- PublisherThe Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintThe Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Weight381 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.