All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionWe are witnessing a transformation in the world ecomy as a result of the IT/e-business revolution. Modern logistics based on cheap communication and transportation are shifting the locus of production and the international division of labour between the West and the lower wage countries of East Asia and similar changes are occurring within East Asia itself. Looming over the entire picture is the colossus that is China and this transformation is making East Asia the manufacturing centre of the world ecomy. Written by a recognized expert in the area of business ecomics, this book analyzes these developments and evaluates their future impact on the development of East Asia and its role in the world ecomy. The book examines the effect of the IT revolution, globalization and the 'new ecomy' on the development of East Asia. The first book-length treatment of IT/e-business in the region, it questions whether the e-business revolution will renew and sustain the rapid ecomic development of East Asia.
- Author BiographyF. Gerard Adams is visiting Professor in the College of Business Administration at Northeastern University in Boston and Professor Emeritus at the University of Pennsylvannia.
- Author(s)F. Gerard Adams
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in the Growth Economies of Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note35 black & white tables, 25 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.