All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile foodies may flock to Vancouver for dumplings and dim sum, they leave having discovered a wealth of world-class Asian dishes, from sushi to sambar, banh mi to bubble tea. East Meets West celebrates the distinctive dishes from the best of the city's Asian restaurants. Almost one in five of Vancouver's two million residents is ethnically Chinese, as well as many Taiwanese, Japanese, Koreans, Malaysians, Filipis, Thai, Vietnamese and Indians whose cooking has influenced the local cuisine. This book compiles signature recipes from the city's best Asian restaurants, showcasing both traditional Asian foods made with Pacific Northwest ingredients and modern classics inspired by Asian flavors and techniques but designed for contemporary diners. A guide to preparing and serving Asian food plus an explanation of specialty ingredients. An overall introduction traces the roots of Asian food in Vancouver, and sidebars describe the hidden gems in the region's distinct culinary neighbourhoods, from Coquitlam's Little Korea to Richmond's Chinatown to Surrey's Little India. Illustrated throughout, this celebration of Asian food presents world-class, flavorful dishes for the home cook.
- Author BiographyStephanie Yuen was born in Hong Kong and has lived in Vancouver for more than thirty years. She speaks Mandarin, Cantonese and English and worked as a journalist for Sing Tao, the Vancouver Chinese newspaper, before developing a career as a freelance food journalist. She now writes for Edible BC, EAT, Vancouver Magazine and has her own blog about Asian food: beyondchopsticks.com. Stephanie co-founded the Vancouver Chinese Restaurant Awards.
- Author(s)Stephanie Yuen
- PublisherDouglas & McIntyre
- Date of Publication12/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDouglas & McIntyre
- Weight862 g
- Width188 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.