All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the Idiolect Sypses of the basic materials of the linguistic atlas of the gulf states, this summary offers the first interpretation of evidence gathered in southeastern United States, 1968-80. The phological, morphological and lexical data outlines a principal source of the speech of the Upper South. Although primarily a South Midland dialect, East Tennessee folk speech shows a complex regional and social structure that includes relics and invations with patterns that distinguish this subregion from the dominant forms of American English spoken in the South and elsewhere.
- Author(s)Lee Pederson
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/12/1983
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notemaps
- Weight390 g
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.