All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is a work in world philosophy. The author seeks themes of mutual resonance in eastern and western thought, covering a wide range of selected topics with contemporary relevance. The main themes are 'methodological issues', comparison of Kantian and Confucian moral philosophy, and holistic individualism and pluralism, exemplified by Pragmatism, Wittgenstein, Heidegger, Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism. Lee believes that the difference between east and west is a matter of preponderance of tendencies due to historical circumstances, and cherishes the vision that the twain shall meet and harbours the hope that the difference between east and west is mutually complementary rather than confrontational.
- Author(s)Kwang-Sae Lee
- PublisherHoma & Sekey Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoma & Sekey Books
- Weight785 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.