Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEastbourne is situated at the eastern end of the South Downs alongside the famous Beachey Head cliff. Although Eastbourne has some industrial trading estates, it is essentially a seaside resort and derives its main income from tourism. It is a genteel resort with ne of the glitz, glamour and 'kiss-me-quickness' of other seaside towns; even today there are shops or amusement arcades along the sea front. Join Kevin Gordon on this stalgic trip through time as he shows, using old and new postcards and photographs, that Eastbourne is still the Empress of the South. This will be essential reading for anyone who kws and loves this typical British seaside town.
- Author BiographyKevin Gordon is a retired police officer who has a lifelong interest in Sussex History. He is the author of several Eastbourne and Seaford history books and has contributed many items for local newspapers. Kevin is a trustee of Seaford Museum and the Chairman of the Alfriston & Cuckmere Valley Historic Society. In 2016 he was appointed as the Honorary Historian for Seaford Town Council. He has been a volunteer at Seaford Museum for 20 years and maintains their Facebook page.
- Author(s)Kevin Gordon
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.