All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt its peak, the Ottoman empire stretched from Hungary to the Gulf of Aden to the Caspian Sea. Informed by a lifetime of travel and exploration, this book takes you on a spellbinding journey into the heart of that still-unsettled region, a journey over land and through history.
- Author BiographyRobert D. Kaplan is the bestselling author of sixteen books on foreign affairs and travel translated into many languages, including Asia s Cauldron, The Revenge of Geography, Monsoon, The Coming Anarchy, and Balkan Ghosts. He is a senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security and a contributing editor at The Atlantic, where his work has appeared for three decades. He was chief geopolitical analyst at Stratfor, a visiting professor at the United States Naval Academy, and a member of the Pentagon s Defense Policy Board. Foreign Policy magazine has twice named him one of the world s Top 100 Global Thinkers. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Robert D. Kaplan
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication09/05/2002
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Out-of-print date28/08/2013
- Content Notemaps
- Weight290 g
- Width134 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.