All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLoving every page as I devour every word. I'm sure you've heard this many times; you're insight is profound, challenging and stirring. By the time I had reached page 40, I had two huge realizations of my own regarding family of origin issues. I welcomed the tears of healing. - D.R., Canada As an easy-to-understand guide to counseling and listening skills, this book is for the average caring person. While providing a basic overview, the ideas and descriptions guide the reader above the basic level while maintaining a clear explanation of how counseling works. The treasure of practical skills and concepts will assist both the student and the interested lay person looking for ways to help friends and family who face common and difficult life challenges. The range of the situations includes grief and loss, solving conflict, marriage and relationships, dealing with depression, healing childhood experiences affecting adult life, and much more. The style of the manual is conversational with numerous examples of the wording of helpful statements. The motivated reader will learn how to be a healing listener and what to say to someone who is crying, how to help a person arrive at solutions to problems, and how to become assertive. This book has a healing effect simply by reading it.
- Author BiographyAfter completing an MSW degree at the Kent School of Social Work in 1976, the author gained clinical experience in counseling and psychotherapy in hospital settings and in private practice. He founded the Counselor Training Institute in 1985 expanding to five cities, and co-founded the national Professional Counselors Association. Currently he is President of the College of Mental Health Counseling providing online counselor training and membership for mental health professionals. This book also appears under a separate title Effective Counseling Skills: the practical wording of therapeutic statements and processes also on Amazon.
- Author(s)Daniel Keeran
- Date of Publication08/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.