All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe traditional Mediterranean way of eating is widely recognised as the healthiest approach to food in the world. Eating Mediterranean involves falling into the rhythm of the seasons and eating the freshest produce possible, when it's at its very best. It means filling your shopping basket with yoghurt, cheese, olive oil, fruit, leafy greens, nuts, seafood, whole grains and pulses and enjoying these foods with friends and family. In fact, you could say that eating Mediterranean is the healthiest way to eat in the world; abundant in fresh produce and legumes, and making great use of poultry and fish rather than red meat. Mediterranean-style eating has been proven to reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and stroke.In Easy Mediterranean, Sue Quinn adopts the Mediterranean way of eating with 100 delicious light, bright and delicious Mediterranean-influenced dishes that are easy to prepare and share. Whilst cookery writers such as Anna Del Conte, Claudia Roden and Yotam Ottolenghi have each explored the traditional cuisines of their individual homelands, Easy Mediterranean pulls together the best of the whole region. Sue Quinn combines the flavours and ingredients of the vibrant countries that hug the Mediterranean Sea, to create fresh and contemporary dishes for every day. Start your day with a breakfast of Figs, creamed feta and lavender honey on toast; share plates of Chunky fennel and radish tzatziki, Flatbreads with zucchini blossoms and ricotta and Koftas with sour cherries and tahini dressing with friends and family; lunch on Warming wheat grain and pomegranate soup and Peach, shaved asparagus and lardo salad; dine on Sticky chicken with ouzo, olives and charred lemon or Spaghetti with red witlof, bacon and garlic crumbs; and enjoy desserts of Raspberry focaccia and Peach and rosemary galette with an almond crust.Easy Mediterranean is a book that takes you away from the diet fads and encourages you to indulge in the relaxed pleasure of enjoying good food with friends and family.
- Author BiographySue Quinn is a cookery writer and journalist who won the Fortnum & Mason for her writing online in 2016. Sue's work has appeared in the Guardian, The Telegraph, Delicious magazine, Dorset Magazine and The Foodie Bugle, including recipes and articles about food trends, ingredients and producers. A former national newspaper journalist and foreign correspondent, she has drawn on her extensive travels as inspiration for a number of cookery books. Sue is also the author of Easy Vegan.
- Author(s)Sue Quinn
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Width200 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.