Easy Money: Evolution of the Global Financial System to the Great Bubble Burst by Vivek Kaul (Paperback, 2014)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second book in the Easy Money trilogy discusses how the global financial system evolved in the aftermath of the First World War and how that finally led to the dot-com crash in the United States, in the early 2000s. It gives an overview of how in the aftermath of the First World War, Europe was in major trouble. The book also analyzes how the United Kingdom of Great Britain, which was once the premier nation of the world, lost out to its former colony, the United States of America. The dominance of the United States led to its currency, the dollar, becoming the international reserve currency. This led to the United States having an exorbitant privilege which it still continues to have. Over the years, this exorbitant privilege has led to many financial crises in different parts of the world. It has also been responsible for the current financial crisis as well. The book concludes with the wisdom of the legendary investor Warren Buffett, who was deemed to be a failure, during the heydays of the dot-com bubble, when his investment company Berkshire Hathaway could t generate the stupendous returns that dot-com stocks had been generating. Nevertheless, in the end, it was Buffett who had the last laugh. As he wrote to his shareholders: But a pin lies in wait for every bubble. The lessons of the dot-com bubble bursting were never really learnt and soon the same mistakes would be made again.
- Author BiographyVivek Kaul has worked at senior positions with the Daily News and Analysis (DNA) and The Economic Times. His writings have appeared across various other publications in India. These include The Times of India, The Hindu, The Hindu Business Line, Indian Management, Asian Age, Deccan Chronicle, Forbes India, Quartz India, Mutual Fund Insight, and Wealth Insight. He has also written regularly for rediff.com. Currently, he is a regular columnist for firstpost.com and firstbiz.com. His areas of interest are political economy, the international financial crisis, personal finance, marketing and branding, and anything to do with cinema and music. His only regular hobby in life is watching movies first day first show. Every other hobby he had (reading, writing, listening to music) is now a part of his daily work routine. He blogs at http://teekhapan.wordpress.com/ and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Vivek Kaul
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication08/07/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/10/2016
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.