All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn introduction for readers with some high school mathematics to both the higher and the more fundamental developments of the basic themes of elementary mathematics. Chapters begin with a series of elementary problems, cleverly concealing more advanced mathematical ideas. These are then made explicit and further developments explored, thereby deepending and broadening the readers' understanding of mathematics. The text arose from a course taught for several years at St. Petersburg University, and nearly every chapter ends with an interesting commentary on the relevance of its subject matter to the actual classroom setting. However, it may be recommended to a much wider readership; even the professional mathematician will derive much pleasureable instruction from it.
- Author(s)O. A. Ivanov,R. G. Burns
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/1998
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight397 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.