Eat Well, Feel Well: More Than 150 Delicious Specific Carbohydrate Diet (TM) -compliant Recipes by Kendall Conrad, Elaine Gottschall (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.32+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 150 recipes that follow the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and help relieve symptoms of ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, diverticulitis, IBS, Crohn s disease, and more. When her daughter was diagsed with a dangerous digestive problem that left her weakened and sick, author Kendall Conrad started searching for a way to save her child s failing health. The answer came when a nutritionist recommended the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). Created by Elaine Gottschall, this revolutionary program is extraordinarily effective in relieving the debilitating and often painful symptoms of ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, diverticulitis, IBS, Crohn s disease, and other common ailments. Simply by eliminating virtually all starch and complex sugars and eating a balance of smart carbohydrates, good proteins and fats, and essential vitamins and minerals, many people experience a complete restoration of digestive health. For Conrad s daughter, the results were incredible. Thrilled with her daughter s rapid recovery, she began creating recipes for delicious dishes for the whole family, following Gottschall s guidelines, without sacrificing an ounce of taste or variety. In Eat Well, Feel Well, Conrad shares more than 150 recipes for quick and easy dishes for casual meals and elegant dinner parties alike. The appetizers and starters range from updated classics like Curried Deviled Eggs with Mango-Currant Chutney to such enticing, exotic fare as Thai Beef Salad with Papaya and Toasted Coconut and Egyptian Red Lentil Soup. Main course ideas include everything from Whole Roasted Red Snapper Stuffed with Fennel and Citrus and Ground Beef Chili with Navy Beans to kid-pleasers such as a simple Cheese Souffle and Honey-Garlic Chicken Drummettes. Dozens of recipes for snacks, desserts, breakfast dishes, and beverages will help you integrate the SCD way of eating into your family s lifestyle with ease, grace, and creativity. If you or someone in your family suffers from a digestive disorder, these wonderful recipes based on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet will revolutionize the way you eat. Kendall Conrad appeared with Elaine Gottschall, the author of the global bestseller Breaking the Vicious Cycle, to share the story of her daughter s near-miraculous recovery from a dangerous digestive disorder using the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. She lives with her husband and their two daughters in Montecito, California.
- Author BiographyKendall Conrad appeared with Elaine Gottschall, the author of the global bestseller Breaking the Vicious Cycle, to share the story of her daughter s near-miraculous recovery from a dangerous digestive disorder using the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. She lives with her husband and their two daughters in Montecito, California. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Elaine Gottschall,Kendall Conrad
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication09/01/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.