About this product
- DescriptionExamine the birth of America through a delicious lens: FOOD! This history-themed recipe book is third in a scrumptious series and proves that cooking never gets old. This collection of unique recipes will fill you up with lip-smacking history facts that reveal what cuisine was like for people between the 1600s to the 1800s, during the birth of America. Budding chefs will devour time-period inspired recipes for healthy entrees and snacks, as well as desserts, including Thanksgiving Succotash, Revolutionary Honey-Jumble Cookies, Colonial Cherry-Berry Grunts, and more. History buffs will appreciate the diverse experiences represented, from the Native Americans and the pilgrims, to slaves and plantation owners. .. .some tasty ways for kids to connect with the history curriculum. - Booklist
- Author BiographyAnn McCallum is the author of several books, including the upcoming Eat Your Math Homework: Recipes for Hungry Minds. She is currently a high school teacher in Maryland, though she started her teaching career in a one-room schoolhouse in northern Canada. She also taught English composition in the United Arab Emirates for five years. Ann enjoys reading, traveling, and walking through leaves, and hopes, one day, to climb a beanstalk. Leeza Hernandez is an illustrator and graphic designer whose art has been featured in magazines, newspapers, and books, including Bored Bella Learns About Fiction and Nonfiction. She is the recipient of the Tomie dePaola Portfolio award from the Society of Children's Books Writers and Illustrators. She lives in Upper Montclair, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Ann McCallum,Leeza Hernandez
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationWatertown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.