All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEating disorders comprise a range of physical, psychological and behavioural features that often have an impact on social functioning and can invade most areas of the sufferer's life. Although eating and weight disorders are common in children and adolescents, there is a scarcity of practical guidance on treatment methods for eating disorders in young people. In this book, Simon Gowers and Lynne Green bring together up-to-date research, clinical examples and useful tips to guide practitioners in working with young people, as well as helping families of children and adolescents to deal with their difficulties. Eating Disorders provides the clinician with an introduction about how CBT can be used to challenge beliefs about control, restraint, weight and shape, allowing young people to manage their eating disorder. Chapters cover: * preparing for therapy * a CBT treatment programme * applications and challenges. This practical text will be essential reading for mental health professionals, paediatric teams and those in primary care working with children and adolescents with eating disorders. It will benefit those working with both sufferers themselves and families who have difficulty understanding the disorder.
- Author BiographySimon G. Gowers is Professor of Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Liverpool and Consultant to the Cheshire and Merseyside Eating Disorders Service for Adolescents. He recently led the NICE Guideline Development Group making evidence-based recommendations for the treatment of eating disorders in the UK. Lynne Green is Principal Clinical Psychologist at the Cheshire and Merseyside Eating Disorders Service for Adolescents. She has clinical and research experience of treating both adults and children with eating disorders using the latest cognitive behavioural techniques.
- Author(s)Lynne Green,Simon G. Gowers
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleCBT with Children, Adolescents and Families
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 30 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.