Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.56+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionDo you think that you or someone you love may suffer from and eating disorder? Eating Disorders For Dummies gives you the straight facts you need to make sense of what's happening inside you and offers a simple step-by-step procedure for developing a safe and health plan for recovery. This practical, reassuring, and gentle guide explains arexia, bulimia, and binge eating disorder in plain English, as well as other disorders such as bigorexia and compulsive exercising. Informative checklists help you determine whether you are suffering form an eating disorder and, if so, what impact the disorder is having or may soon have on your health. You'll also get plenty of help in finding the right therapist, evaluating the latest treatments, and learning how to support recovery on a day-by-day basis. Discover how to: Identify eating disorder warning signs Set yourself on a sound and successful path to recovery Recognize companion disorders and addictions Handle anxiety and emotional eating Survive setbacks Approach someone about getting treatment Treat eating disorders in men, children, and the elderly Help a sibling, friend, or partner with and eating disorder Benefit from recovery in ways you never imagined Complete with helpful lists of recovery dos and don'ts, Eating Disorders For Dummies is an immensely important resource for anyone who wants to recover - or help a loved one recover - from one of these disabling conditions and regain a healthy and energetic life.
- Author BiographySusan Schulherr, LCSW, is a licensed clinical social worker who has had a private psychotherapy practice in New York City for nearly 30 years. She has worked with people with eating disorders for over 20 of those years. Her chapter on treating binge eating disorder appears in the 2005 book, EMDR Solutions: Pathways to Healing (Shapiro, Norton). Her article, The Binge-Diet Cycle: Shedding New Light, Finding New Exits, was published in Eating Disorders: The Journal of Treatment and Prevention (1998). She has presented workshops at the local and national level on eating disorders and on issues of weight and eating to both professional and nonprofessional audiences. Ms. Schulherr is a trained family and couples therapist. She has extensive experience in the trauma specialty approaches of EMDR and Somatic Experiencing, each of which she has adapted for the treatment of eating disorders.
- Author(s)Susan Schulherr
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/02/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.