Eating Disorders in Childhood and Adolescence by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the fourth edition of this accessible and comprehensive book, Bryan Lask and Rachel Bryant-Waugh build on the research and expertise of the previous three editions. First published in 1993, this was the first book of its kind to explore eating disorders in children and young adolescents, a population that is very different from those in their late teens and adulthood. The contributors' experience and kwledge have increased and the field has moved forward over the past 20 years. This fully revised edition offers a distillation of current information relating to the younger population, and contains brand new chapters on areas of experience, research and practice including: * The perspective of a young person going through an eating disorder * Experiences of a parent * Updated information regarding advances from neuroscience * Therapeutic engagement * Cognitive remediation therapy Eating Disorders in Childhood and Adolescence offers the reader kwledge, insight and understanding into this fascinating but challenging patient group. It has both a clinical and research focus and will be an essential text for a wide range of professionals, as well as being readable for parents of children suffering from eating disorders.
- Author BiographyBryan Lask trained at the University of London and was a consultant in child and adolescent psychiatry at Great Ormond Street Hospital for 25 years. There, with Rachel Bryant-Waugh, he initiated the first early onset eating disorders programme in the UK. Subsequently he has written 11 books and over 200 papers. He is Past-President of the Eating Disorders Research Society and recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Academy for Eating Disorders. Rachel Bryant-Waugh is Lead Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Joint head of the Feeding and Eating Disorders Service at Great Ormond Street Hospital. She is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Child Health, University College London. She obtained a PhD from the University of Sussex investigating children with eating disorders, and trained as a clinical psychologist in London. She has specialised in feeding and eating difficulties in children for many years, has taught and published widely in this field and is an internationally respected expert. She is recipient of the 2012 Academy for Eating Disorders Leadership Award for Clinical, Educational and Academic Service.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 20 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBryan Lask,Rachel Bryant-Waugh
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.