Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 13 Dec
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBefore award-winning chef Jeff Michaud ever opened the doors of his acclaimed Philadelphia restaurants, he spent three years in rthern Italy as a culinary apprentice to master butchers and chefs, immersing himself in the culture and cuisine of the old country. It is safe to say that he never anticipated the romance that would ensue. Eating Italy is a delicious, funny, and mesmerizing spin through the boot, teaching true heirloom techniques and telling Jeff 's culinary and personal love story (he met his wife when she came into the restaurant one night for dinner, and to this day, he hasn't forgotten what she ordered). Part inventive cookbook, part travel narrative, each chapter of Eating Italy explores a village or town in rthern Italy, unveiling the unique culinary and cultural experience it has to offer. The reader experiences his journey from Paladina: The Butcher's Apprentice to Trescore Balneario: Our Big Italian Wedding in dishes like Apricot and Chanterelle Salad, Swordfish Pancetta with Fennel Zeppole, Pheasant Lasagne, and Blood Orange Crostata with Bitter Chocolate. Each authentic recipe serves to mark his professional growth, learning from some of the most skilled chefs in Italy. Vivid photography of Italian culture, people, and landscapes are dispersed throughout, allowing the reader a glimpse of rthern Italia from a kitchen far away.
- Author BiographyJeff Michaud is chef and co-owner at Osteria Restaurant, Amis Restaurant, and Alla Spina, all in Philadelphia, and a partner of the Vetri Restaurant Group. He is also a member of the Vetri Foundation for Children board of directors. In 2008, The James Beard Foundation nominated Osteria for Best New Restaurant and in 2010, Jeff won the James Beard Award for Best Mid-Atlantic Chef. He lives in Philadelphia with his wife Claudia and their daughter Gaia. Food writer David Joachim has authored, edited or collaborated on more than 35 cookbooks, including multiple IACP award winners, James Beard award winners, and New York Times Bestsellers. His A Man A Can A Plan series of books has sold more than 1 million copies. He lives near Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Jeff Michaud
- PublisherRunning Press
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRunning Press,U.S.
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight1657 g
- Width229 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.