Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten with investigative vigour, provocative and controversial but always accessible, Eating is a hard-hitting exploration of our eating habits, making us look at what we eat as a moral issue. Organic foods are the fastest growing section of the food industry, and it is estimated that vegans are w almost as common as vegetarians. Veal consumption in the US has fallen by more than 75 per cent since 1975, and in the UK, sales of free-range eggs have w passed in value sales of eggs from caged hens. Evidently we are concerned. But how concerned should we be about where our food comes from? Does the food we buy really affect the world around us? And what can we do? In Eating , philosopher Peter Singer and environmentalist Jim Mason follow three families with varying eating habits, from fast-food eaters to vegans, to explore how the food we eat makes its way to the table, and at what expense. The authors peel back each layer of food production, and examine how they ought to factor into our buying choices. Recognising that we are t all likely to become vegetarian or vegan, they go on to offer ways to make the most ethical choices within the framework of a diet that includes animal products.
- Author BiographyPeter Singer has published over 30 books including Writings on an Ethical Life, Animal Liberation, and most recently, The President of Good and Evil. Singer is currently the Ira W. DeCamp Professor of Bioethics at Princeton University's Center for Human Values. He lives in New York City. Jim Mason is an author, speaker, journalist, environmentalist and attorney. He is the author of many books including Animal Factories, co-written with Peter Singer. His writing has appeared in a variety of publications including the New York Times, the New Scientist and Audubon.
- Author(s)Jim Mason,Peter Singer
- Date of Publication07/09/2006
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight250 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.