All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.36
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.35
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $38.30
About this product
- DescriptionEver since farmers first planted seeds 100,000 years ago, humans have been destroying the nutritional value of their fruits and vegetables. Unwittingly, we've been selecting plants that are high in starch and sugar and low in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants for over 400 generations. Eating on the Wild Side reveals the solution--choosing modern varieties that approach the nutritional content of wild plants but also please the modern palate. Jo Robinson explains that many of these newly identified varieties can be found in supermarkets and farmers market, and introduces simple, scientifically proven methods of preparation that enhance their flavor and nutrition. Based on years of scientific research and filled with food history and practical advice, Eating on the Wild Side will forever change the way we think about food.
- Author BiographyJo Robinson is the author or co-author of 14 books of nonfiction. Her research on pastured animals has been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Time, Mother Jones, USA TODAY, Men's Health, the San Francisco Chronicle, Atlantic Monthly, and many other publications. She lives and works on Vashon Island, a rural island close to Seattle, WA.
- Author(s)Jo Robinson
- PublisherHachette Book Group
- Date of Publication04/06/2013
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHachette Book Group
- Weight277 g
- Width133 mm
- Height151 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Read byErin Bennett
- Contained items statement10 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time661
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.