All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionBy acclaimed Sudanese author Emir Tag Elsir, Ebola '76 follows the story of Louis, a simple blue-collar worker who unwittingly transports a deadly disease back to his home country, with disastrous consequences for his family, friends and colleagues alike. In a series of bizarre and comical human encounters, the disease takes a firm hold of the city of Anzara. Blind guitar players, comely barbers, tyrannical factory owners and spurned wives all soon find themselves desperately fighting for their lives in the Time of Ebola . Among the vel's most unusual characters is Ebola itself, a strikingly dark and sinister presence that haunts the pages of this fast-paced, tragicomic satire. Cackling with glee, hovering in drops of spittle, and gliding slyly from body to body, Ebola represents one of the most evil and unpredictable of villains.
- Author BiographyBorn in the north of Sudan in 1960, acclaimed author Amir Tag Elsir divides his time between his prolific literary career and his busy physician's clinic. He has published ten novels, two biographies and several collections of poetry, and was short-listed for the 2011 Arab Booker Prize for his novel Hunter of the Chrysalises and long-listed in 2014 for 366. His works have been translated into numerous different languages, including English, French and Italian.
- Author(s)Amir Tag Elsir
- PublisherDarf Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDarf Publishers Ltd
- Weight142 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Translated byCharis Bredin,Emily Danby
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.