All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOsprey's examination of the last major Republican offensive of the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939). The Battle of the Ebro was a vitally important episode in the Spanish conflict and, although ultimately a Republican defeat it proved a severe setback for the Nationalist forces under General Francesco Franco Bahamonde. According to many historians it extended the war for an extra year. Ultimately however it was probably the death knell of the Republic; their armies lost vast amounts of men and materials and they were left incapable of defending their remaining territory effectively. The consequences for Europe were immense.
- Author BiographyChris Henry has been interested in military history since he was a small boy. His interest in artillery developed whilst a volunteer worker at the Tower of London and he became Senior Curator at the Royal Armouries Museum of Artillery at Fort Nelson. Formerly the Head of Collections at Firepower!, the Museum of the Royal Artillery, he is now Curator of Explosion!, the Museum of Naval Firepower at Priddy's Hard, Hampshire.
- Author(s)Chris Henry
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/03/1999
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Military Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 60
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note70 b&w and 14 colour illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width185 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.92
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.