All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcclesiastes is a collection of sayings traditionally attributed to Solomon and deemed by some the strangest book in the can. It comprises an unusual blend of autobiographical references, theological reflections, philosophical musings, and proverbial instructions, all probing the seeming pointlessness of human striving. Brown explores the text as it engages our own culture's era of questioning and search for self full-fulfillment.Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching is a distinctive resource for those who interpret the Bible in the church. Planned and written specifically for teaching and preaching needs, this critically acclaimed biblical commentary is a major contribution to scholarship and ministry.
- Author BiographyWilliam P. Brown is Professor of Old Testament at Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, Georgia. He is the author a number of books including Character in Crisis: A Fresh Approach to the Wisdom Literature of the Old Testament and Seeing the Psalms: A Theology of Metaphor.
- Author(s)William P. Brown
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2000
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleInterpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight378 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.