All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCattle, horses, mules and music are the life of Earl A. McKee, Jr., a rugged, sensitive cowman who lives in the house he was born in over 80 years ago. Earl grew up cattle ranching with his father in the beautiful foothills of the Western Sierra Nevada and worked summers with his dad's packing business in the High Sierra, guiding the elite of business and learning on extended pack trips into the rugged backcountry from Giant Forest to Mt. Whitney, Yosemite to Mineral King. Earl is vocalist and sousaphone player in the famous Dixieland-style High Sierra Jazz Band of Three Rivers, California that for 40 years has played jazz festivals across the United States and entertained around the globe. Earl is a sought-after source of colorful tales of Old Timers and history, and he chronicles much of his amazing life in this book. Echoes is a colorful narrative that draws you in to his corner of the West, a book that's easy to read, hard to put down.
- Author BiographyEarl McKee resides with Gaynor, his wife of over 60 years, at his Bar O Ranch, raises registered American Quarter horses, still works cattle with his rancher friends, and tours the world with the High Sierra Jazz Band.
- Author(s)Earl a McKee Jr
- Date of Publication31/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.