All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom ambulance to emergency room to recovery, Echoes of Heartsounds is one woman s harrowing but triumphant journey into and out of the cardiac ward It begins late one afteron in her kitchen. There is collapse, massive pain. Just a slight fluttering sensation in her chest, then chills, and finally, nausea. Probably thing to worry about, the doctor assures her on the phone. It doesn t sound like a heart attack. But it is. Heart attacks in women can look and feel dramatically different than they do in men, which is why they often go undiagsed. But heart disease is the number-one killer of American women greater than all forms of cancer combined. When the doctor examines Lear the day after her episode, the verdict is shocking. So begins an account, filled with grace, humor, and ferocity, of her hard-won return to good health, beset by mysterious postsurgical complications and haunted by memories of her late husband when she finds herself in the same coronary unit in which she lost him all those years ago.
- Author BiographyMartha Weinman Lear is the author of Where Did I Leave My Glasses? as well as the bestsellers The Child Worshipers and Heartsounds, which became a Peabody Award winning film.She is a former articles editor and staff writer forthe New York Times Magazine and has written extensively for that and many other national publications, including AARPThe Magazine, the New Yorker, the New York Times Book Review, GQ, House Beautiful, Redbook, Ladies Home Journal, Woman s Day, McCall s, Family Circle, and Reader s Digest, often on medical, cultural, and sociological subjects. She lives in New York City with her husband, screenwriter Albert Ruben.
- Author(s)Martha Weinman Lear
- PublisherOpen Road Media
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.