All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionLt. Billy Straw is at war with an enemy of shadows, his commanders and himself. Born into a religion that runs bone-deep, the struggles to reconcile his love for God with his duty to kill. His combat commanders label him a misfit and relieve him of command. His religion and love for Laura, his girl back home, hold him together. As a new Liaison officer. he meets a beautiful Vietnamese secretary, Thuy. On the eve of his furlough to Hawaii and Laura, his best buddy dies in an ambush. Billy goes berserk and is coerced into betraying the trust and friend-ship of Thuy to gain his R&R leave. In Hawaii, Billy is pulled apart by the riptides of Laura's irresistible love and his own self-loathing. Billy returns to a tangle of river villages dubbed the Medusas. An American military PsyOps mission threatens the lives of Thuy, her brother, and the terrified peasants. Armed and dangerous, Billy stands between his old combat platoon and the villages on the killing grounds to salvage something ble from the war.
- Author BiographyRichard 'Rick' Weaver's first fiction piece, Rumble, was selected for his high school literary magazine. His second work of fiction, The Infinity Man, a Sci-fi movie script, won a notable award from American Pen Women, Sacramento. The two works were written more than sixteen years apart. Rick served in the military as an officer, including a tour of duty in Vietnam. Afterwards, he worked in a variety of jobs from teaching to telephone sales to performing arts. It wasn't until he wrote children's stories, adapting them for puppet theatre that he developed his abilities as a professional writer. Rick earned an MFA degree in Professional Writing (University of Southern California) and then pursued that career. In mid-life, as a result of exposure to toxins during his tour of duty in Vietnam, he became totally blind. Forced to leave his professional employment, he set about learning entirely new skill sets to cope with the loss of his sight. It took years until he began writing again. Today, using computer screen reading technology, Rick is able to write a variety of fiction, including short stories, novellas, scripts, and novels, his favorite. Echoes of the Fall, based in part on his war experience, is his second novel.
- Author(s)Dr Richard Weaver
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.