All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDamon Pierce is a gifted California lawyer whose work is starting to seem soulless. Then, from out of where, two life-altering events take place: First, Damon's wife anunces that she's leaving him. Next: A woman from his past reappears. Damon could never forget Marissa Brand Okari, his one-time great love. Now, she's in trouble...and Damon decides to do everything in his power to help her. Marissa's husband, Bobby Okari, is a freedom fighter in a corrupt west African nation--one that's being torn apart by global lust for its vast supply of oil. One day, during a solar eclipse, Bobby leads a high-profile protest rally against an American oil company...only to see everyone in his home village massacred by government troops. Already an enemy of the country's savage dictator, Bobby is promptly arrested. Now it's up to Damon to take on Bobby's case and save him--and Marissa--from almost certain death. And risk his own life in process.
- Author BiographyRICHARD NORTH PATTERSON is the author of Exile, The Race, and thirteen other bestselling and critically acclaimed novels. Formerly a trial lawyer, he was the SEC liaison to the Watergate special prosecutor and has served on the boards of several Washington advocacy groups. He lives in San Francisco and on Martha's Vineyard with his wife, Dr. Nancy Clair.
- Author(s)Richard North Patterson
- PublisherSt. Martin's Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Press
- Weight340 g
- Width104 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.