All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you remember who you were before the world told you who you were? Rarely do you come across a book that changes you forever. This is one of those very special, consciousness-raising texts. Far more than a self-help book, Eco-Art Therapy - Creative Activities that let Earth Teach is a self-help lifestyle. Chock full of stimulating quotes, inspiring pictures and restorative exercises, this manual provides unparalleled transformation. The search to find ourselves can be a frustrating one. Many of us run in circles trying to find meaning in a world that often times seems all wrong. We try in vain to manage the symptoms of our troubles, but fail to understand the real problem. As this revolutionary book explains, the root of much of our discontent is the unreasonable difference between the way we learn to think and how Nature works. Though people are part of Nature and we inherit a love and respect for its purity, beauty, and perfection, we grow up in a society detached from its eons of sensory intelligence; we seldom include the genius of the natural world in our daily lives and thinking. To our great loss most of us are out of touch and out of synch with the regenerative and balancing ways of the Earth. This makes us strangers to ourselves. Tragically, we've lost sight of who we really are. If you've ever spent time in a natural area or with a pet you kw the power of Nature to heal. Dr. Sweeney blends art therapy with ecotherapy in a unique learning tool which gives you the means to anchor that feel-good aliveness so it doesn't fade when you return indoors. The engaging and practical Eco-Art activities she presents in this manual use art as a bridge between your innate, but suppressed natural intelligence and your conscious awareness. These simple, but powerful, paradigm-shifting exercises help you surface your inherited wisdom into your psyche so you can think with it 24/7, making your time spent in Nature, t only momentarily cathartic, but lasting. Your time has come to reclaim the joys of your birthright. Reconnect with the wild and join the great awakening! Note: This workbook is also the text for accredited online Eco-Art therapy classes and professional certification. All readers, therapists, educators and coaches are highly encouraged to expand their personal and professional skills with this truly life-changing tool. Visit www.ecoarttherapy.com for more information.
- Author BiographyDr. Theresa Sweeney was internationally recognized for founding Eco-Art therapy. Artist, educator and author of Eco-Art Therapy: Creative Activities that let Earth Teach, she was on a mission to reconnect people with the purity, wisdom and spirit of nature within and around us. Sweeney was a director with the Project NatureConnect organization and volunteered as Dean of the PNC Applied Ecopsychology department at Akamai University. To learn more about EcoArt Therapy or sign up for accredited coursework in EcoArt Therapy please visit: http: //www.ecoart-therapy.org
- Author(s)Dr Theresa Sweeney Ph D
- PublisherTheresa Sweeney, PH.D.
- Date of Publication24/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheresa Sweeney, PH.D.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.