All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionFashion and environmental awareness are two concerns that do t comfortably sit side by side. Over the past ten years, high street fashion, led by global chains, has become ever more affordable and disposable. The sourcing of materials, the manufacture and the distribution of clothes have become the dirty secrets of the beautiful industry. In a comprehensive survey of this highly pertinent subject, leading academic Sandy Black examines the way the fashion industry is changing to accommodate the environmental concerns of the twenty first century. She exposes the naked truth behind the clothes we wear, exploring alternate practices and assessing their feasibility. Using case studies of designers from the catwalks and the high street, including Katherine Hamnett, Marks and Spencer and Linda Loudermilk, she illustrates how these processes are finding their way into the industry, and shows how ethical fashion has moved on from its traditional contations of hemp shirts and rope sandals.
- Author BiographySandy Black is the author of Fashioning Fabrics (Black Dog Publishing, 2006) and Knitwear in Fashion (Thames & Hudson, 2002) and has contributed to numerous other publications including Fashion and Function: Factors in the development of protective clothing (Woodhead, 2005). She is currently a Professor of Fashion Design and Technology at the London College of Fashion.
- Author(s)Sandy Black
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication12/02/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing Ltd
- Content Note300 b/w and colour illustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.