All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of Gordon Bonan's comprehensive textbook introduces an interdisciplinary framework to understand the interaction between terrestrial ecosystems and climate change. Ideal for advanced undergraduate and graduate students studying ecology, environmental science, atmospheric science, and geography, it reviews basic meteorological, hydrological, and ecological concepts to examine the physical, chemical, and biological processes by which terrestrial ecosystems affect and are affected by climate. This new edition has been thoroughly updated with new science and references. The scope has been expanded beyond its initial focus on energy, water, and carbon to include reactive gases and aerosols in the atmosphere. The new edition emphasizes the Earth as a system, recognizing interconnections among the planet's physical, chemical, biological, and socioecomic components, and emphasizing global environmental sustainability. Each chapter contains chapter summaries and review questions, and with over 400 illustrations, including many in color, this textbook will once again be an essential student guide.
- Author BiographyGordon Bonan is senior scientist and head of the Terrestrial Sciences Section at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colorado. His research focuses on the interactions of terrestrial ecosystems with climate using models of the Earth's biosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere, and geosphere. He has published more than 120 peer-reviewed articles on land-atmosphere coupling and how changes in vegetation alter climate. He is a member of the American Geophysical Union, American Meteorological Society, and Ecological Society of America. He is a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union and has served on advisory boards for numerous national and international organizations and as an editor for several journals.
- Author(s)Gordon B. Bonan
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note402 b/w illus. 32 colour illus.
- Weight1340 g
- Width203 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.