All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionEcological Model Types brings an understanding on how to quantitatively analyze complex and dynamic ecosystems with the tools available today. Ecosystem studies widely use the tions of order, complexity, randomness, and organization, and are used interchangeably in literature, which causes much confusion. Better models synthesize our kwledge on ecosystems and their environmental problems, in contrast to statistical analysis, which only reveal the relationships between the data. This book brings together experts on ecological models to create a definitive work on how to understand our complex Earth.
- Author BiographySven Erik Jorgensen was the professor emeritus in environmental chemistry at the University of Copenhagen. He received a master of science in chemical engineering from the Danish Technical University (1958), a doctor of environmental engineering (Karlsruhe University) and a doctor of science in ecological modelling (Copenhagen University). He was the honourable doctor at Coimbra University, Portugal and at Dar es Salaam University (Tanzania). In 1975 he founded the journal Ecological Modelling and in 1978 the ISEM (International Society of Ecological Modelling). He has received several awards, the Ruder Boskovic Medal, the Prigogine Prize, the Pascal Medal, the Einstein professorship at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Santa Chiara Prize for multidisciplinary teaching and the very prestigious Stockholm Water Prize. He has published 366 papers of which 275 were published in peer-reviewed international journals and he has edited or authored 76 books, of which several have been translated to other languages (Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese). He has authored a successful textbook in ecological modelling Fundamentals of Ecological Modelling , which was published as a fourth edition together with Brian Fath in 2011. It has been translated into Chinese and Russian (third edition). He authored a well received textbook in system ecology entitled Introduction to Systems Ecology . It was published as an English edition in 2012 and as a Chinese edition in 2013. He was editor in chief of the Encyclopedia of Ecology, published in 2008, and of the Encyclopedia of Environmental Management, published in December 2012. He has taught courses in ecological modelling in 32 different countries. He is the editorial board member of 18 international journals in the fields of ecology and environmental management. He was the president of ISEM and he also was elected member of the European Academy of Sciences, for which he was the chairman of the Section for Environmental Sciences.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleDevelopments in Environmental Modelling
- Series Part/Volume Number28
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight570 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Volume editorSven Erik Jorgensen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.