All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcological Models and Dynamics uses mathematical models and computer simulations to study the dynamics of ecosystems, both natural and in response to disturbances. As an electronic 'pop-up' textbook, it features functional software programs deliberately placed to enhance learning. Links throughout the text jump to relevant parts of the book and to files in Microsoft Excel(R), Mathcad(R), Adobe Acrobat(R), and LabVIEW(t). Students can run simulations and models in immediate proximity to the concepts being explained and can work through exercises, cross reference concepts, read data tables in adjoining windows, and navigate the text instantaneously. The text starts with basic concepts and from there builds in complexity. Instructors can integrate additional research and data into the interactive examples and narrative, thereby customizing the coverage to suit their course needs. Exercises are included at the end of each chapter and hyperlinked to relevant concepts in the text. The book is written for advanced undergraduates and early graduate students in ecology, evolutionary biology, chemistry, and engineering; the book can also be used for graduate students in biology and as a self-tutorial. Solutions to all exercises throughout the book will be provided to qualified adopters of the text. Entries to the book's subject index will be hyperlinked to relevant chapters. The textbook is accompanied by a booklet containing the prologue, introduction, conceptual table of contents, subject index, and instructions for Mathcad and navigation throughout the book.
- Author BiographyRoger A. Schmitz is Keating-Crawford Professor Emeritus of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Notre Dame, where he served as Vice President and Associate Provost from 1987-1995. He has received numerous awards and honors throughout his distinguished career, including Fellowship to the Guggenheim Society in 1968; the Allan P. Colburn (1970) and R.H. Wilhelm (1981) Awards, granted by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers; the George Westinghouse Award, presented by the American Society for Engineering Education, and the Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award at Notre Dame in 1988. His current research interests center on ecosystems and the environment, particularly on mathematical models, simulation, and dynamic behavior.
- Author(s)Roger Schmitz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/2008
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGarland Publishing Inc
- Content Note131 colour illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, 130 colour line drawings
- Weight131 g
- Width137 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.